Help at your canopy
Recycling aluminum cans and plastic bottles during the Liberation Day is easy. Follow these easy steps to make this Liberation Day the most environmentally-friendly event in Guam’s history.
Bring your recycling bin or make one
- Bring a trash can from home and use it to collect aluminum cans and plastics 1 and 2.
- If you don’t have a recycling can, make one! Cut a piece of chicken wire into a 4 foot section and tie it into a cylinder. Set it on the ground in your canopy and put a can or bottle in it so your family knows what it is to be used for. Click here to see pictures of a bin under construction.
Volunteer during the parade
- Come to the Recycling Tent near the GCIC Building or the iRecycle tent near Bank of Hawaii any time between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Sunday, July 21.
- Sign in and get a shopping cart and gloves.
- Go to a section of parade route and collect aluminum cans and plastic bottles.
- Return to the Recycling Tent and get your paper signed certifying your volunteer hours.
- Call i*Recycle Program Administrator Peggy Denney at 483-9415 or Guam EPA at 300-4761/51/52 or email TammyJoAnderson.Taft@epa.guam.gov for more information. You can also visit our Facebook page to sign up to volunteer.