Guam EPA releases FOIA report
The Guam Environmental Protection Agency has released a copy of the 2012 Freedom of Information Act request report as required by the Attorney General of Guam.
The report includes the following information.
- Number of requests for records received by Guam EPA in 2012: 27
- Number of requests for records processed by Guam EPA in 2012: 27
- Median number of days taken by Guam EPA to process requests in 2012: 5
- Number of requests for records received by Guam EPA still pending as of Sept. 30, 2012: 0
- Median number of days that above requests have been pending: N/A
- Number of full-time staff devoted to processing requests for records: .5
- Average amount of manpower to complete a FOIA request: 10.8 hours
- Total number of manpower hours spent on processing FOIAs in 2012: 292
- Number of determinations made by Guam EPA not to comply with requests for records and reasons for determinations: 0
- Total amount expended by the Agency for processing requests: $0
This year, Guam EPA handled more than two dozen FOIA requests. The requests varied in nature, from environmental consulting companies looking for information to assist their Phase I research efforts, to requests from lawyers working on legal cases involving Guam EPA.
Guam EPAâ€™s newly-hired legal counsel assisted during many FOIA requests. She helped determine what information was responsive to the request and if any information was not included in the scope identified by the requester. The Agency will continue to process FOIAs in a timely manner in accordance with the law, but we hope to someday improve our information available online to reduce the amount of requests received.
For more information about Guam EPAâ€™s FOIA response program contact Public Information Officer Tammy Jo Anderson Taft at 300.4751 or email TammyJoAnderson.Taft@epa.guam.gov.
This report is being submitted to ensure compliance with Guamâ€™s Sunshine Law, 5 GCA, Chapter 10 Â§ 10107. Annual report.