What Is Public Law 28-57?
Public Law 28-57, otherwise known as the Transparency Act of 2005, was signed into law by Governor Felix P. Camacho on June 30, 2005. It mandates that all Government of Guam agencies and departments, inclusive of all autonomous agencies as well as the Legislature and Judiciary, develop and post a Web site within 120 days of the enactment of the law — by October 28, 2005. The law also requires each agency to post on its Web site several pieces of “required information.” The full text of Public Law 28-57 is available here.
Guam EPA Compliance with PL 28-57
The Guam EPA Web site has been online since January 2, 2001. It was then and remains today one of the most comprehensive Web sites of any Government of Guam entity. The specific information required to be posted on the Guam EPA Web site per Section 3 of Public Law 28-57 is listed here in the order noted in the law.
Notice of all meetings, hearings, and public events as required by public law and for such duration as required by public law and containing such information as is required by public law.
Meeting notices are regularly posted on site; public notices are posted and indexed on the News and Information page.
The official name of the department, agency, autonomous agency or public corporation in both English and Chamorro, the e-mail address, public phone numbers, mailing address and physical location of the department, agency, autonomous agency or public corporation.
The names and titles of the Director, Deputy Director, or official in charge of the department, agency, autonomous agency or public corporation, as appropriate, as well as the names and titles of the administrators of each and all offices, programs, services, units or divisions under its purview, and the names of all board members of every board or commission associated with or appurtenant thereto, and an organizational chart demonstrating the relationships between all, as relevant.
A chart listing fees and services will be available on this page in the very near future.
All rules and regulations in force as promulgated by the department, agency, autonomous agency or public corporation, or links thereto, as well as all proposed rules and regulations, or amendments thereto, as are progressing through the administrative adjudication process as detailed in the Administrative Adjudication Act.
The budget for the department, agency, autonomous agency or public corporation as is in force and approved by I Liheslaturan Guahan or the governing board as appropriate, as well as the proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year, and in such form as is submitted to or approved by I Liheslaturan Guahan or the governing board as appropriate, and all expenditures of the department, agency, autonomous agency or public corporation, such entries to be updated on a quarterly basis.
The Agency receives a “Consolidated Grant” from U.S. EPA to run most of the Agency’s federally-funded programs. As authorized by the Omnibus Territories Act of 1977, the consolidated grant process allows U.S. EPA to consolidate funding from different programs into one grant award. The Agency then has the ability to allocate funds among its federally-funded activities as it sees fit, provided that the work plan objectives of the federal grant are met.
The Agency also receives a separate grant from the Department of Defense to fund the Defense and State/Territorial Memorandum of Agreement (DSMOA) program.
Guam EPA Compliance with PL 30-127: Citizen-Centric Reports
AN ACT RELATIVE TO ADOPTING THE ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTANTS’ “CITIZEN-CENTRIC REPORT” INITIATIVE.
Guam EPA Compliance with PL 33-214 – April 15, 2019
Pursuant to Â§ 51303(c) OF ARTICLE 3 OF CHAPTER 51, TITLE 10, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO REQUIRING THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION TO REPORT TO THE GUAM ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY ON THE CURRENT BALANCE AND TRANSACTIONS OF THE RECYCLING REVOLVING FUND, AND TO FURTHER REQUIRING THIS INFORMATION TO BE POSTED ON THE GUAM ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY WEBSITE.
Click HERE for Statement of Revenues, Expenditures by Function and Changes in Fund Balances (Deficits)
Click HERE for Transactions
Guam EPA Compliance with PL 28-68
This page fulfills a requirement under PL 28-68 that agencies post their financial reports on their Web site.
Guam EPA Compliance with PL 25-06 – February 1, 2019
Pursuant to Title 5 of the Guam Code Annotated, Chapter 10 Â§10107 – Annual Report: Each agency shall make each such report available to the public, including by computer telecommunications, or if computer telecommunications means have not been established
by the agency, by other electronic means. Click HERE for the agency Sunshine Reform Act of 1999 Annual Report.
Guam EPA Compliance with PL 34-05 – The Government Efficiency Act of 2017
AN ACT TO ADD A NEW Â§1923 TO CHAPTER 19 OF TITLE 1, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO ALLOWING THE PERIODIC AUDIT OF EACH GOVERNMENT OF GUAM AGENCYâ€™S STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES AND REQUIRING SUCH PROCEDURES TO BE POSTED ON EACH AGENCY’S WEBSITE
This page fulfills a requirement under PL 34-05 that agencies post their Standard Operating Procedures on the Agency Website.
- Guam EPA Agency Organizational Chart
- Physical Inventory Procedures
- Procurement Pocedures – POs & IFB
- Timekeeping/Leave Application Procedures
- Journal Voucher Processing Procedures
- Travel Authorization and Clearance Procedures
- De-obligation/Un-liquidated Document Procedures
- Request for Proposal Procedures
- Preparation of Required Reports For Federal Grants Procedures
- Drawdown Procedures
- Permitting Center Procedures (DRAFT)
- Social Media Usage Procedures – In Accordance with Executive Order 2015-09
- Disaster Response & Environmental Damage Assessment – In Accordance with Executive Order 2005-06
- Laboratory Certification Program Procedures
- Laboratory Quality Assurance Manual
- Determining Ammonia-N in Water via Flow Injection Analysis Colorimetry Procedures
- Determination of Chloride in Water via Flow Injection Analysis Colorimetry Procedures
- In Vitro Determination of Chlorophyll a in Marine and Freshwater Algae via Fluorescence Procedures
- Total Coliform and E. coli Analysis in Water by the Enzyme Substrate Method Procedures
- Conductivity via EPA 120.1 Procedures
- Enterococci Analysis In Water via Enzyme Substrate Method Procedures
- Determination of Nitrate-Nitrite Nitrogen in Water via Automated Colorimetry via Flow Injection Analysis Procedure
- Determination of Orthophosphate In Water via Flow Injection Analysis Procedures
- pH via Electrometric Procedures
- Sample Registration, Acceptance and Log-in Procedures
- Determination of Dissolved Silica in Water via Injection Analysis Colorimetry Procedure
- Total and Free Residual Chlorine via DPD Colormetric Method Procedures
- Analysis of Total Dissolved Solids Dried at 180ËšC via SM 2540 D Procedures
- Determination of Total Phosphorus and Total Nitrogen In Water via Flow Injection Analysis Colorimetry
- Analysis of Total Suspended Solids Dried at 103ËšC-105ËšC via SM 2540 D Procedures
- Hazardous Waste Management Program Procedures