The majority of Guam EPA’s legal authority is rooted in volume 10 of the Guam Code Annotated. The following is a short list of the main chapters of GCA that give authority and responsibility to Guam EPA.
- Chapter 45 – Guam Environmental Protection Agency Act
- Chapter 46 – Water Resources Conservation Act
- Chapter 47 – Water Pollution Control Act
- Chapter 48 – Toilet Facilities and Sewage Disposal Act
- Chapter 49 – Air Pollution Control Act
- Chapter 50 – Guam Pesticides Act
- Chapter 51 – Solid Waste
- Chapter 52 – Water and Wastewater Operator’s Mandatory Certification Act
- Chapter 53 – Safe Drinking Water Act
- Chapter 53A – Safe Drinking Water Fund
- Chapter 76 – Storage of Hazardous Materials (USTs)
- Chapter 90 – Clean Indoor Air Act
The Guam Environmental Protection Act
Chapter 45 Guam Code Annotated
- Creates and states the policy, purpose, powers, duties, rules and regulations and other operating mandates.
- Creates the Board of Directors consisting of nine members appointed by the Governor. Board members serve a term of three years.
- Outlines the Guam Environmental Trust Fund that is used to clean up, restore and repair damage done to the environment.
External links about Environmental Law
- Title 10:Guam Code, Guam Compiler of Laws
- Title 22:Guam Administrative Rules and Regulations, Guam Compiler of Laws
- Environmental Law Institute