About the Water Pollution Control Act
Chapter 47 Guam Code Annotated
- Authorizes Guam EPA to study ground water and potential pollution sources
- Requires creation of a standard for water purity and classification according to the most beneficial uses of water/li>
- Authorizes Guam EPA to receive complaints regarding water pollution, investigate the investigations and hold necessary hearings.
- Gives Guam EPA authority to order a stop to actions that pollute water and examine all plans for sewer systems and discharges.
- Makes illegal sewer systems illegal.
- Designates a Groundwater Protection Zone.
- Sets penalties for those who violate the law.
Toilet Facilities and Sewage Disposal Act
Chapter 48 Guam Code Annotated
- Outlines the types of toilets and sewage facilities.
- Requires the approval of the Administrator for construction of any toilet or sewage facilities.
- Mandates that septic tanks and leaching systems have to be more than 300 feet of any river, creek, pond or stream.
- Establishes the Public Utility Agency Wastewater Fund.
Links to Guam EPA laws
Links to Guam EPA regulations
Links to Guam EPA permits