About the Air Pollution Control Act
Chapter 49 Guam Code Annotated
- Aims to coordinate prevention and control of air pollution in Guam.
- Directs Guam EPA to establish ambient air quality standards for Guam, and consult with those constructing or operating any air pollution source.
- Instructs the Agency to implement, maintain and enforce standards established by the Clean Air Act.
- Requires any owner or operator of an air pollution source to maintain records, draft reports, sample emissions and other monitoring procedures.
- Establishes the Air Pollution Control Permit Program and the Air Pollution Control Special Fund.
- Give the Administrator the ability to declare, with the governor, an emergency if air pollution is causing imminent danger to human health or safety.
- Outlines the Motor Vehicle Pollution Control section that allows inspection of vehicle emissions
Links to Guam EPA laws
Links to Guam EPA regulations
Links to Guam EPA permits