International Coastal Cleanup this weekend
Guam EPA is encouraging all residents to participate in the 18th annual Guam International Coastal Cleanup from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15.
The cleanup is coordinated by the Guam Coastal Management Program, BSP.
Volunteers are asked to bring a water bottle and wear sturdy shoes. Bags, gloves and data cards will be provided. Volunteers will also get free entrance to Fisheye Marine Park Observatory and a free t-shirt while supplies last.
Cleanup locations include:
- Marbo Cave (Off Backroad to Andersen)
- Tanguisson Beach (Dededo by Two Lovers Point)
- Oka Point
- Tagachang Beach (Yona)
- Dungca’s Beach (Tamuning)
- Paseo de Susana (Hagatna)
- Asan Shore
- Piti Shore
- Agat Beach
- Talofofo Bay
- Pago Bay
- Ipan Beach Park
- Inarajan Bay
- Merizo Bay
- Umatac Bay
- UOG Marine Lab
Coastal Cleanup is a combined effort Government of Guam agencies, retail and wholesale businesses, dive shops, private and non-profit organizations, federal agencies and the U.S. military.
Guamâ€™s participation in this event is important as the information gathered on collected trash will be recorded and sent to the Ocean Conservancy in Washington D.C. The data will be published by geographic location and used for environmental studies. The results of past cleanups have already been used in the development of international and environmental laws.
Thanks to all the sponsors of the 2012 Guam International Coastal Cleanup.
- Fisheye Marine Park, Tristar Terminals Guam, Inc., Association of Government Accountants (Guam Chapter), BCB Equipment Services, National Park Service, Micronesian Divers Association, Pacific Daily News, Pyramid Recycling, GCC EcoWarriors, GWHS Marine Mania, Ambros, Inc., Lagu Sanitation, Trash Co. (Morrico Equipment), Guahan Waste (Mr. Rubbishman), Pacific Waste (Commercial Sanitation), Sunny Wholesale, Guam Community College, Foremost Crystal Clear, Coca Cola Beverage Company (Guam) Inc, UOG Green, JT Angoco Trucking, Tri-Vision Media, Sea Grill Restaurant/UnderWater World, K-Cleaning Service, Guam Association of Realtors, HDR, TASI, UOG Marine Laboratory, Iâ€™Recycle, Tamuning, Dededo, Agat, Umatac, Merizo, Inarajan, and Yona, Asan, Mangilao, Ordot/Chalan Pago & Piti Mayors, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Navy EOD MU 5, Andersen Air Force Base, Government of Guam Agencies (Dept. of Parks & Recreation, Department of Agriculture, Guam Environmental Protection Agency, Guam Visitors Bureau, Dept. of Public Works and the Bureau of Statistics and Plans/Guam Coastal Management Program), Office of the Governor.
For more information regarding the cleanup, please contact Mr. Tom Quinata, at 475-9668 or via email at email@example.com.