Guam EPA, as a partner in the Environmental Education Committee, is seeking volunteers for the upcoming Earth Day events.
Saturday, April 14
- Gardening with Island Girl Power: Volunteers are needed to help Island Girl Power start a community garden at their clubhouse in Dededo for Earth Day 2012. Volunteers are asked to come from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 14 and Saturday, April 28. Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gardening tools, shovels, gloves, water bottles and other materials for gardening. For more information email email@example.com.
Sunday, April 15
- Beach cleanup with the Coast Guard: Join the U.S. Coast Guard from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Sunday, April 15, at Tanguisson Beach in Dededo for an Earth Day 2012 beach cleanup. Volunteers are encouraged to bring a water bottle, sun screen, gloves if possible and family members. Bags will be provided. For more information about this event email Sarah.E.Jacobs@uscg.mil.
Satruday, April 21
- Coastal Cleanup with GHRA: GHRA will be hosting a cleanup from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 21, starting at the Home Depot parking lot, JFK High School and Two Lover’s Point. Volunteers are asked to bring a water bottle, sturdy shoes, sun screen and gloves if possible. Bags will be provided. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 649-1447.
- Coastal Cleanup with EOD MU5: Volunteers are needed to help with a cleanup event along NCS Road in Dededo from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 21. The cleanup area will be marked with banners and bags and gloves will be provided. Families are encouraged to attend this cleanup organized by EODMU5. Volunteers are asked to bring water bottles, sun screen, sturdy shoes and gloves if possible. Email James.Taft@fe.navy.milfor more information or to register.
- Cache in Trash Out: The Guam Geocachers will host a Cache In Trash Out event from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, April 21, at Asan Memorial Park. The event will include games, food, a cleanup of the beach area and information about geocaching in Guam. Volunteers are asked to bring a water bottle, a GPS unit if possible and sun screen. Bags and gloves will be provided. Email email@example.com or visit epa.guam.gov for more information.
Sunday, April 22
- Think Green Cleanup with KUAM: KUAM will host an coastal cleanup from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Sunday, April 22, starting at Ypao Beach in Tumon. Volunteers should wear sturdy shoes, sunscreen, bring a water bottle and gloves if possible. The cleanup will include Tumon and Tauming and conclude at Chief Quipuah Park in Agana. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.